We are a boutique provider of innovative portfolio solutions designed for discerning private clients, professional advisors and trustees. All staff are shareholders and invest alongside clients, meaning we are uniquely placed to understand the journey taken by our investors.
At Affinity we believe that risk should be a choice, not a fate. Our investment process is underpinned by a number of fundamental beliefs:
- Managing investors’ assets is a long-term assignment
- Diversification is a must; we allocate across asset classes and geographies
- The price we pay is a key determinant of future returns
- Irrational investor behaviour commonly leads to the mispricing of assets
- We should remain humble, focusing on what we do well
- We cannot influence markets, but we can control the process we use to access them
Affinity’s core strategies are multi-asset, globally invested and outcome-orientated (cash-plus or inflation-plus) with a keen focus on risk-adjusted performance. Our process is unconstrained – risk is controlled through diversification, coupled with an ongoing review of the portfolios sensitivity to global equities (known as ‘equity beta’) and duration (sensitivity to interest rates).
More generally, we seek to:
- Ensure portfolio construction centres around the characteristics and behaviour of assets, rather than relying on labels
- Use underlying managers and strategies with flexible mandates
- Blend different styles of long-term beta with uncorrelated alpha
- Invest globally to maximise the opportunity set
- Consider risks through different lenses
- Keep informed; research, attend events and challenge consensus
Ben Stott CFA
T: +44 (0) 1534 828483
M: +44 (0) 7797 727705
Affinity Private Wealth
24 Seale Street, St Helier
Jersey, JE2 3QG
The Praemium website hosts information from third parties. This information, and any links from these pages, are provided by the parties themselves and carry no endorsement by Praemium. You use such information, and links to other websites, entirely at your own risk. Praemium accepts no responsibility for the availability, content or use of the information contained on these third-party sites.